Thursday, July 8, 2010

Hipstamatic killed Lomography?

On the weekend my friends felt the need to show me (because I am extremely noob when it comes to iPhone apps.) the Hipstamatic. Apparently it won iPhone application of the year. True to it's name it creates incredibly interesting photos. It's just the 'matic' part I have a problem with. Photographers worked their asses off to created images like this, they tried all sorts of different techniques and then went and got the actual film developed. Now all you have to do is download this app and you can create the same thing without all the effort. Then again as my friend also mentioned 'they are all just accidents anyway', it still feels a little wrong but it looks good.





Images taken at Sandringham Yacht Club, on my Pa's boat 'Ultimate Tune' with good old Pa featured in there too. There was no wind. Bad day for racing.


No comments:

Post a Comment